As much as we travel agencies put efforts into sustainable and responsible tourism, the role of travelers is equally significant. Do the following things to contribute and become a responsible tourist.
Leave only footprints. Take only photographs!
- Before booking a trip, check how much the trekking company aligns with eco-friendly tourism and gives back to society.
- Do not use other routes, campsites, or resting places besides designated ones.
- Do not keep buying plastic water bottles along the route and throw them carelessly.
- Maintain the waste you produce and do not throw it wherever you want. Carry a garbage bag and collect all your litter in it to decompose in the city.
- Trek with guide and porter. It will help to generate jobs and uplift the local economy.
- Respect local culture, tradition, and practices