Dhampus Sarangkot trek is one of the most popular and short treks in the foothills of the Annapurna Himalayas range. The entire trek offers a glimpse of heritage tour in Kathmandu city, exclusive sightseeing in the most popular tourist city Pokhara along with the quick trek that offers astonishing views of Annapurna Himalayas range, unique culture, and settlements of ethnic groups. The mighty Himalayas like Annapurna massif, Dhaulagiri, Machapuchhre, Lamjung Himal, and many more snowy peaks can be easily experienced from this trip. The inhabitant of the Gurung community in Dhampus is the gateway of popular treks like Annapurna Base Camp and Mardi Himal trek. This short trek also offers a stunning sunrise view from Sarangkot's viewpoint.
The short Dhampus Sarangkot trek began from Pokhara city, which is like 6hr drive/30min flight from Kathmandu city. Then you will drive to Phedi and you’ll start your trek towards Dhampus village. The trail passes through the diverse landscapes, terraced fields, and amazing mountain views. The next day, you will hike to Australian Base Camp which offers amazing views of mountains, magnificent views of Pokhara city, and Phewa lake. Furthermore, you will hike downhill to Kande village crossing the lush green forest of Rhododendron flower, village settlements, and stunning landscapes before reaching the Sarangkot viewpoint. You’ll be staying a night in Sarangkot before coming back to Pokhara. You will witness the glorious sunrise over the Annapurna Himalayas range, Dhaulagiri, and nearby hills. Furthermore, you will be driven back to Pokhara for boating, city tour, and other activities.
Highlights of Dhampus Sarangkot Trek
- A glimpse of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu including the city which includes Pashupatinath Temple, Swyambhunath Stupa, Patan Durbar Square, and Boudhanath Stupa.
- Short hike to the Dhampus, a traditional Gurung village.
- Stunning views of Annapurna Himalayas range, lakes, temples, stupas and experience the most demanded adventure sports in Pokhara city.
- Glorious sunrise view from the Sarangkot.
- Explore the most vibrant and popular tourist city, Pokhara.
- Experience the Nepali cuisine, food, cultural performance before leaving.
Nepal is a paradise destination for a variety of tour and trekking activities. The Nepal tour is one of the most popular that reflects Nepal’s natural beauties, rich culture, traditions, rich biodiversity, and wide range of adventure within a small boundary. We offer hundreds of trekking and tour packages in Nepal. Likewise, you can customize your itinerary with us as per your requirements. For more information regarding the different packages in Nepal, feel free to contact us anytime.