Everest Base Camp trek (shortly EBC) with Island peak is one of the fascinating and adventurous journeys which combines two stunning aspects of trekking to the Everest Base Camp and climbing Island peak at the same time. This trip is suitable for those who are looking for an additional thrill in the regular Everest Base Camp trekking itinerary. Imja Tse peaks which are commonly known as Island peaks with an altitude of 6,189m are normally done with Everest Base Camp with very little technical mountaineering skills and aspects. Hence, the Island peak is one of the most popular choices among the 6000m in Nepal.
The 19 days trip begins after a short and scenic flight from Kathmandu to the world’s most extreme airport, Lukla Airport. The trail goes through lush green forest and picturesque villages to Phakding and Manjo. Furthermore, the trail gradually ascends through the Sagarmatha National Park to Namche Bazaar, a popular sherpa town in the heart of Khumbu. The trail passes through the Sherpa villages, rhododendron forests to Tengboche and Pangboche before reaching for the second phase of acclimatization in Dingboche. Before doing Island peak, we head towards the Gorakshep passing Lobuche and reach Everest Base Camp. You can explore the Khumbu glacier, panoramic views of mountains including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Pumori, Nuptse, and many more stunning snowy peaks. Further, the trek ascends to the most popular viewpoint in Nepal, Kalapatthar for the gorgeous sunrise and sunset view.
After a must-visit trek in the Himalayas, you continue to get back to Dingboche village for the next challenge to summit Island peak. Finally, after Dingboche, we head towards the Island peak base camp via Chukkung village. At base camp, we organize pre-climbing training where you’ll get valuable inputs from our experienced climbing guide. This is a very important opportunity to enhance your climbing skills as well. At the same time, you can experience the majestic views of glaciers, snowy peaks, and amazing glaciers. Next, early morning, wake up and start ascending towards the Island peak summit and enjoy the astonishing view of the sunrise, mountains, and Khumbu valleys. In your journey, your climbing guide will be there in each and every obstacle and difficulty. At last, the Everest Base Camp Trek with Island Peak lets you experience the true beauty of nature with adventure.
We offer different Everest Base Camp Trek packages that you can check on our trekking in the Everest region section. Likewise, we offer genuine Everest Base Camp Trek costs without risking safety. We have opened our Everest Base Camp Trek 2022 booking. For further details regarding the Everest Region trekking, feel free to contact us anytime.
YOU’LL SEE AND EXPERIENCE
- Get to know the art, architecture, and history of Nepali people during the guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Take a thrilling flight to Lukla, enjoy sensational aerial views of the Himalayas
- Trek through the lush forests of Sagarmatha National Park, crossing many suspension bridges and cold streams
- Pass by remote mountain villages and lovely waterfalls
- Spend acclimatization day in Namche Bazar and Dingboche
- Get to see the lifestyle and culture of mountain people
- Visit Tengboche monastery and Khumjung monastery
- Relish stunning landscape and indulge in the rich cultural heritage of Sherpas
- Explore Everest Base Camp and witness gorgeous sunrise from Kala Patthar
- Experience the popular peak summit in the Khumbu region- Island Peak
- Breathtaking views of snowy peaks, landscapes, valleys, glaciers from the top of the Island Peak.
- Witness breath-taking panoramas of Himalayan mountains throughout the journey